Tom Johnson Camping Center - Complaint with new 2019 Flagstaff Micro Lite

We purchased 2019 Flagstaff Micro Lite with a trade in of our rv which included a Recurve R3 hitch and towing package, and a wifi backup camera.

We brought it home from storage to pack up for our vacation/trip today and made it approximately 1000 ft. In that length of travel the sway bar popped off the hitch 3 times and upon the 3rd time the motor for the camper jack froze and will not work.

This was to be our 1st trip and we are having problems with the camper along with being stuck on the road. We called Tom Johnson Camping World in Marion, NC where we purchased it and got the runaround. We were not allowed to talk to the manager or anyone there to assist us. We feel we were sold a defective product that we cannot use or detach from the truck which my husband uses to go to work.

So the camper jack, the Recurve R3 hitch malfunctions, and the wifi backup camera doesn't work. The dealership has left us in a lurk with no help in sight.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Service center, Customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 06.

Comments

I don't understand how a new product dealer can decline involvement with your issue. Possibly it was stored for a period in excess of the "warranty" ?

Thin excuse. You are stuck 1000 ft from home ?

How far away is the dealer ? That sounds pretty crummy.

to Will #1495444

Bought it a couple of weeks ago and dealer is 20 minutes away.

Tom Johnson Camping Center - Poor quality service department and staff

Terrible customer service and disinterest in working on manufacture's approved warrantee items. It took four months and they had our camper for three.

Purchased March 10, 2017; Model 216 RBS; Problem Date June 2, 2017 Shop Wk Order 16503 Service Rep Dale Duncan GM Bob White Head service employee: 1. was notified in beginning of June 2017 of manufacturer recall on lights; 2. also was given other items that broke and needed to be fixed under the warrantee; 3. one was a cable that came loose and could tear the tire; 4.

This man, Dale Duncan, never told us to bring the Highland Ridge camper in to be inspected so he could request from Highland Ridge permission to fix under warrantee. Instead, he had us send him pictures of everything and then he went on vacation and never followed through. His co-worker knew nothing about the above and it wasn't until I called Highland Ridge did I learn it needed to go into Camping World. It was not ready until September 22, 2017 and even then the cable was not fixed and we had to wait while he pulled it back into the shop.

Two weeks prior they told us it was ready and that same cable issue had not been corrected. They put the new one ordered for us into another camper. This entire time we were blown off and even after the general manager stepped in we received no satisfaction and were still treated with indifference. GM Bob White blamed corporate and the manufacturer but he was just as incompetent as his serviceman.

Because of their incompetence we lost the spring and summer camping season and didn't get so much as an apology. The service repair people are poorly trained and we'll never buy from them again. This was our first new camper. We bought two used campers from them and there was a downward turn once Camping World bought Tom Johnson's.

In addition, the open and closing of the sofa bed tore the end of the sofa. The manufacturer would not cover it so Bob White promised he would make good on it. He blamed Corporate for not letting him do anything about it. So, still after the original conversation with Bob White about the couch it was never fixed or replaced.

Dale Duncan had been asked to find us the cost of the couch a month ago and never told me even though he was asked twice.

Again, I must make it clear that Bob White said to my face he would make good on the couch and he did not. Once you leave the sales department and need service this place is the pits. What a disgrace.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tom Johnson Camping Center Rv Repair.

I liked: Sales center staff.

I didn't like: Service center.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 23, 2017.